After numerous years of service to the Shintaido of America Board, Sandra Bengtsson stepped down as Treasurer in December, 2007. Sandra has been kind enough to continue as interim Treasurer while we try to find her replacement.
If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in the volunteer job as described below, please contact Robert Kedoin at email@example.com.
Shintaido of America Treasurer
- Accounts Payable
- Invoices (insurance, web hosting, web shopping cart)
- Expense reimbursements
- Examiner fees
- Bi annual pension payments
- Accounts Receivable
- Checks received
- dues paid
- publications purchased by check
- Publications on website
- Reconcile items purchased on website to monthly bank statement
- Kangeiko fees paid on Website
- Track Kangeiko payments made through website, and reconcile amount due with gasshuku manager, and pay PacShin their portion of fees received
- Bank Reconciliation
- Do a monthly reconciliation of bank statement, which includes website activity
- Issue 1099’s to Michael & Ito for pension payments (Financial Officer can assist with this)
- Publications Sales Tax
- By July 15th, Provide Financial Officer with publications purchased from July 1 of previous year to June 30 of current year, broken out by in and outside California purchases.
- Financial Statements
- Provide to Board Members at least twice annually, usually before Board Meetings
- Create Budget
- Create Budget based on previous years activity and expected changes discussed in Board Meetings.
- Maintain financial records
- Important Skills: Knowledge of Quickbooks and Excel